Thursday, July 2, 2009

Peanut Noodles

So I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while and I wanted to incorporate food in it somehow. I saw that my college roommate Erika was doing Friday Baking with Not Quite June Cleaver and it gave me a perfect excuse to give it a shot. I want to also post recipes I create and things I try and like and post them here to share. I hope it is enjoyed and I can also use it as a collecting space for my recipe collection that is ever growing!
Last week Jake was away for the evening and I made one of my favorite new recipes which is a riff off of a Peanut Noodle Salad recipe I found on 101cookbooks.com. It is super tasty and I have changed it so that it is hot and tweaked the amounts subtly. Jake is not exactly a fan of tofu or Thai inspired foods so I tend to make it on my own to enjoy.



Thai Peanut Noodle Bowl

1 package Soba Noodles
4 spears of Asparagus cut into 1 inch chunks
1 baby bok choy sliced
½ cup cubed firm tofu
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup white vinegar
drizzle of toasted sesame oil
1/4-1/2 cup hot water
¼ cup whole roasted peanuts

Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the soba noodles until almost done. Then add in the Asparagus and Bok Choy, cook through and then drain and return to pan. Toss with tofu cubes lightly to incorporate. In a separate bowl combine the peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil and hot water, mix until well combined and toss into the hot noodles and veggies. Plate and top sprinkled with the peanuts. This is a generous serving for one or two smaller portions.

1 comment:

  1. OK now I see that you saw it on my blog. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete