Sunday, July 26, 2009

Glazed Salmon

What was for dinner tonight you might ask? We had the glazed salmon above and it was quite good if I say so myself. I have been making this for a long time. My step dad Dan originally made this back in the day when I lived at home and I still make it and it is a good one. Thank you Dan!
To start out I always rinse the salmon fillet and then pat it dry with paper towels. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and top with lemon slices if you are planning to grill it. You can cook the salmon a number of ways. Dan always grilled it in a aluminum foil "pan" you folded up with double layers of foil and I still make it that way most of the time. I do make it in the winter though in the oven and broil it skin side up first for 8 minutes or so and then flip and cook until flaky.

While the fish is cooking take 2 cloves of garlic and chop it finely and place it in a small bowl. In the bowl add 3 Tbs of sweet cream butter and cook in the microwave for 45 seconds until melted and you can smell the garlic well. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar until it makes a thin paste. Let sit until the salmon is done and then top it with the sauce when you plate it and the fish is still hot. The sauce will melt into the salmon and become more of a glaze.
Enjoy! This is a simple recipe but tastes like it takes a lot more effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment