Thursday, July 16, 2009

Raspberry Jelly

There are beautiful raspberries in season and I recently bought a crate of them and made jelly. They were beautiful huge berries and made some really tasty jam. This isn't really a recipe but more of a little tutorial because the process was kind of fun to document. I used Ball fruit pectin and used their directions for the jelly.




Here are shots of the equipment out and ready. It is kind of interesting to see how red the juice is when you are just starting and how dark it gets once the sugar gets dissolved into it. I skimmed the foam off to make the jelly extra clear and nice in the jar. I saved it though and ate it on a PB&J and it was delicious.






Jelly really is easy to make, you just have to make sure that you keep everything really clean and wipe the jars really well so your lids seal well. Below you see some of the finished product. I normally make several types of jelly and jam in the season and I love it every time. Hope you try making some. There is just something so nice about grabbing a jar of nice jam you made yourself in the middle of the winter!





No comments:

Post a Comment