Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baguettes and Blueberry Pie




For this week on Friday Baking with Not Quite June Cleaver I chose to make the baguettes as well as the Blueberry pie. We enjoyed the baguettes this past weekend warm with jam and then I made a bread pudding with the leftovers on Monday with dinner. It was very good! Jake really enjoyed it but he doesn't like the harder crust on a baguette but he enjoyed it hot out of the oven.
I made the pie to take with us on out 4th of July camping trip. I haven't tasted it yet but it looks very good! The edges got a little brown but oh well... I am sure it will still get eaten just the same!



Have a very Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Lovely pictures and so happy to have you participate! Please add comments to the corresponding posts as you join us each week. This is how I keep up with putting names in the jar!

    Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorin, your blueberry/blackberry pie was delicious! I liked the way each piece held its shape when cut, instead of being runny and colapsing like most berry pies. It had just enough sugar, not too much, and would have also been good for breakfast with a cup of coffee. I hope you make it again next year.

    We're so lucky to have a such wonderful cook in our family!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete