Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake Trifle



Well for LaPine this year over the 4th I made this for dessert and it turned out well and could be expanded well for a crowd. It was also fairly light which is nice when it is really warm outside. This is versatile because you could use any fruit really. I also made it in 13X9 pans in a single layer and it worked great for picnic fair.

Strawberry Shortcake Trifle


  • 1 loaf pound cake sliced, homemade or I used store bought frozen at LaPine
  • 2 cups vanilla wafers
  • 2 pints Strawberries, hulled and sliced
  • 4 Tbs sugar, divided
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 1 large box of vanilla pudding, prepared and chilled to set

Combine your strawberries with 2 Tbs sugar and set aside. Whip the cream to soft peaks and add remaining sugar then whip to stiff peaks. In your trifle dish you will make 2 full single layers in the following order.

Pound cake, Strawberries, Pudding, Vanilla Wafers, Whipped Cream

Layer together and I garnished with more sliced strawberries and mint. Make sure you can refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorin!
    I found you through Pinterest. This looks absolutely delicious. I shared this cooking tutorial on my fanpage. I invite you to stop by and check it out. Thank you for all of the great step-by-step instructions.
    www.facebook.com/eljahb
    www.eljahb.etsy.com
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete