Sunday, July 17, 2011

Breakfast Burritos


So my lovely chickens are finally laying eggs! I have been really excited about it actually and above is a photo of my first carton of eggs. I decided I would make some lighter breakfast burritos with ingredients from my garden and fresh eggs! They turned out pretty yummy so I thought I would share. Sausage or bacon would be a good addition but I left them without, we did have breakfast sausage on the side though, can't be too vegetarian in my house:)
Enjoy!

Breakfast Burritos


  • 4 flour tortillas

  • 1 c grated cheddar cheese

  • 1 Tbs butter

  • 4 green onions, chopped

  • 2 Tbs red bell pepper, chopped

  • 2 Tbs cilantro, chopped

  • 6 eggs, beaten to a froth

  • Salt and pepper to taste


In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat melt butter. Saute green onion and bell pepper until tender. Add the seasoned eggs and stir occasionally until cooked but not dry. Add the cilantro and stir till combine and remove from heat. Lay out your tortillas on a platter and divide cheese amongst them evenly. Place int he microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Divide your eggs between the tortillas and roll up burrito style. Serve with salsa, and sausage links on the side if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment