Sunday, November 4, 2012

Baked Tomatoes

Baked Tomatoes


 So this is what my windowsills look like: 
 
 To make summer or at least my summer tomatoes last as long as I can I have picked them and have them on my windowsills.  This means of course that I have been thinking of ways to use tomatoes.  I have made salsa, salads, sauce, you name it.  I came up with this the other night and it is simple but really tasty.  Would go great with a steak or pretty much anything as a side.  I used pretty large tomatoes to alter this to a little less if you are using smaller tomatoes. 

  • 2 - 1/2 inch slices of tomato per person
  • 1 Tbs mayo per slice
  • 1 Tbs shredded mozzarella per slice
  • 1 Tbs buttered breadcrumbs per slice (2 Tbs melted butter to 1/2 c breadcrumbs)
  • 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning per slice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Put the slices of tomato in a baking dish and spread on the mayo then sprinkle with mozzarella, breadcrumbs, then the Italian seasoning.  Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs are slightly crisp and brown.  Season with a bit or salt and pepper before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment