Friday, June 11, 2010

Mason Jar Pies

A while back Jake brought home a idea sheet for using half pint mason jars and I saw this and had to try it. The site it was from was www.ourbestbites.com.
All I did was make my favorite pie crust recipe and cut it into strips. I then lined the clean half pint jars with the dough. I made up a simple filling of raspberries, blueberries, 1/2 c sugar, 1 Tbs flour and 1 Tbs cinnamon. Fill each jar with the filling and then I cut strips of dough and did a little lattice top. I brushed with milk and then baked at 375 for 45 minutes. Once they are cool put the lids on and give away to friends or keep for yourself.

It said if you don't want to bake them right then you can make them up, put the lids on and then freeze! I thought it would be fun just as a serving idea to do little cream pies for a party too. Lots of options, what a fun idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment