Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baked Tortilla Chips


So I am kind of in love with these tortilla chips. I am generally not into chips that much or I try not to be I guess I should say. These chips make me feel a lot better about eating them! I have been playing around with a baked tortilla chip for a while because we often want them to go with meals and the ones we have are opened and a bit stale and that is terribly disappointing. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
Baked Tortilla Chips
  • 6-8 medium sized flour tortillas
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Canola oil cooking spray

Preheat oven to 375. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Scatter out on a Silpat lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle fairly liberally with salt and pepper. Toss around to coat and then spray with a little more spray.

Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until they have started to brown. Turn over and bake for another 5 minutes or until evenly browned. I will generally try and do 2 batches if they are overlapping too much. Remove from oven and eat warm or at room temperature. I love this with Guacamole!



No comments:

Post a Comment