Sunday, November 15, 2009

No Bake Candy Cookies


I realized it has been a long time since I have posted anything! I looked at my camera and I have a bunch lined up but just have not had a moment lately to put any of them up. Here is one I took on a recent camping trip. My grandmother had it in her recipe box and they are always a stand by for me when I need something sweet or need to take a cookie or something to a party.
No Bake Candy Cookies
  • 2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 c old fashioned oats
  • 1 c chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla

In a saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly. Boil one minute then remove from heat. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until completely combined and chips are melted. Drop by tablespoonful on to wax paper. Let cool and then store in a cool place in a tightly sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment